The Grand Lodge of Oregon granted a Dispensation to Idaho Lodge, No. 35, on July 7,1863, and on June 21,1864, a Charter was issued. At a Convention held in Idaho City on December 16, 1867, for the purpose of organizing a Grand Lodge, members of the four chartered Lodges in the State, namely, Idaho, No. 35; Boise City, No. 37; Placer, No. 38, and Pioneer, No. 12, were present. It was agreed that members of Owyhee Lodge, U. D., should be admitted and permitted to vote. On December 17, 1867, Grand of heers were elected and installed, and, adopting the Constitution of the Grand Lodge of Oregon, the Grand Lodge of Idaho was opened in Ample Form. Idaho Chapter in Idaho City, was granted a Charter on June 18, 1867, by the Grand Chapter of Oregon which was under the impression that the General Grand Chapter had ceased to exist. The General Grand Chapter, when considering the above Charter acknowledged that the petitioners acted in good faith and granted a Charter to Idaho Chapter, No. 1, on September 18, 1868. Ten Chapters in all were also chartered by the General Grand Chapter in this State. The eleven Chapters organized the Grand Chapter of Idaho on June 16, 1908. The first Council in Idaho, Idaho Council at Pocatello, was issued a Dispensation by the Officers of the General Grand Council on December 15, 1896. This Dispensation was annulled on October 11, 1897. on January 24, 1912, however, the General Grand Council issued a Dispensation to Idaho Council, No. 1, and chartered it on September 10, 1912.
Five Commanderies were instituted in Idaho before the Grand Commandery was organized. The first of these was Idaho, No. 1, at Boise, which was granted a Dispensation May 24, 1882, and a Charter September 13, 1882. With four other Commanderies, Lewiston, No. 2; Moscow, No. 3; Gate City, No. 4; Coeur d'Alene, No. 5, and Idaho, No. 1, the Grand Commandery was organized on August 21, 1904.
A Lodge of Perfections a Chapter of Rose Croix, a Council of Kadosh, and a Consistory, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, were established at Lewiston by the Supreme Council as Lewiston, No. 1, by Charters dated respectively June 15, 1895; January 18, 1898; April 29, 1899; and June 27, 1899.
Owned & Operated Exclusively by Members of the Masonic Family
Tradition, Integrity, Trust.
© 2018 The Ashlar Company
“Sirs received my beautiful ring order the other day and ever prettier than expected.
Brother Roger, Bee Branch, AR
You are currently visiting masonicencyclopedia.com